All of your favorite board games, rules and more!
Payday (Pay Day) Game Rules
Payday Board Game Instructions
Average Price: $13.00
Playing Time: 30 - 60 min.
Playing Time: 30 - 60 min.
Players: 2 - 6
Players: 2 - 6
(57.07%) (457 Votes)
Payday is a day that everyone can't wait until it comes. In the board game Payday, you'll want the end of the month to come just as bad. Where does all your money go during a one month time period? Play Payday and see if you can win your friends by having the most money after payday comes. Choose how long you want to play for whether it be one month or six. This strategy board games offers real life expenses and opportunities to make money and loose money.
Object of Payday (Pay Day):
To become the Payday champion, you must have the most money after payday comes within the time frame (in months) previously chosen.
Contents of Payday:
Your Payday board game should include the game board, Payday money, 24 Deal cards, 48 Mail cards, six tokens, 1 die, a loan record pad and the official Payday board game rules.
To begin the game, all players need to decide for how many months the game will be played (usually 2-4 months works best lasting 1-2 hours). All cards must be shuffled. One Deal card is then set aside (face down) by sliding it under the edge of "Yard Sale" and under the "Deal" sign. All players are placed on the "Start" space with $3,500 each: two $1,000 bills, two $500, and five $100. According to the rules, two players must be chosen to act as the Banker and the Loan Record Officer. A player is then picked to start and game play proceeds to the left.
Players may take out a loan at any time during the game in increments of $1,000. The Loan Record Officer records all financial transactions. Interest rules on outstanding loads each time you land on "Pay Day" are 10%. Paying off your loans in increments other than $1,000 or on any day other than pay day is against the rules.
Players are advanced by the number that appears on the die and game board spaces are treated as a calendar. Follow instructions given for each space landed on. Players must take the number of Mail cards as indicated on the mailbox flag and instructions of payment are followed.
Skipping over Payday is against the rules. All players must pay or receive their dues when passing this point. A $3,5000 monthly salary is given, loans or interest on loans must be paid, bills collected throughout the month are paid, and player is placed on Start. All unused Deal cards that player still has are returned to the pile.
- Deal/Buyer - Move your token to a Deal or Found a Buyer space of your choice and follow instructions.
- Deal Cards - When you land on a Deal space, the top Deal card is taken. You may purchase the item immediately and take our a loan if needed. There is no limit or rule on the number of cards you can have. You may also only buy a Deal and when token lands on "Found a Buyer" you may cash in the card for the increased value. More than one Deal being made at one time is against the rules.
- Pay a Neighbor - choose a player of your choice to pay the amount on the card. If needed, a load can be issued.
- Mad Money - choose a player of your choice to charge the amount shown on the card. That player may take out a load if needed.
- Charity - The amount of money shown on card is placed on the game board spot marked "Jackpot."
- Radio Phone-in Contest - First player to roll a 3 on the die, starting with the person who landed there first, receives $1,000 from the bank.
- Sweepstakes - Collect $5,000 from the bank.
- Happy Birthday - All player give the gift of $100 to the birthday boy/girl.
- Charity Concert, Super Ski Sunday, Shopping Spree or Food for the Month - Place amount show on card onto the Jackpot space in the corner of the Payday board.
- Found a Buyer - A Deal card can be traded in to the bank for the "Value" amount on the card. All profit is pocketed.
- Yard Sale - Player must pay the bank $100 time the number they rolled and the Deal card under this spot is given away. Replace the yard sale deal card as needed.
- Walk for Charity - Rules are all players except the one who landed on this place roll die and place $100 times the number rolled onto the Jackpot corner.
- Lottery - The bank automatically places $1,000 in the lottery and anyone, in turn, may place $100 more until no one wants to add more money. Placing money in the lottery is optional. Players playing the lottery then choose a number 1-6 and the person who landed on the Lottery space rolls the die. Winner takes the money.
- Jackpot - Rolling a 6 on any regular turn wins that player the Jackpot.
Share with us your comments, funny stories, tips, advice, strategies, creative ways to play, questions about how to play, problems with the rules or anything you want about Payday. All submissions will be reviewed within 24 hours. Click here to add your Payday (Pay Day) comments.